PR # 177 March 5, 2008
RVCC TO SPONSOR SEMINAR IN ACCOUNTING, FINANCE
Raritan Valley Community College?s (RVCC) Careers Services Department will sponsor an Accounting and Finance Career Seminar Thursday, March 20, from 6-8 p.m., in The Conference Center at the College?s North Branch Campus. The program is free of charge and open to the public.
The event was originally scheduled for February 12 but was postponed due to inclement weather.
Participants will learn about a variety of careers in Accounting and Finance as they interact with professionals in roundtable sessions. Featured speakers include:
* Edward Giblin, Financial Services Representative, Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (careers in wealth management/financial advisement)
* Linda Mancuso, Financial Analyst, HRH Metro Northeast L.L.C. (careers as a financial analyst)
* Timothy McMahon, Special Agent, Drug Enforcement Administration (careers in forensic accounting and fraud detection)
* Craig Riley, Vice President and Senior Consumer Lender, Commerce Bank Central Market (careers in consumer lending)
* Douglas Sonier, CPA, Partner-in-Charge, WithumSmith & Brown (careers in a CPA firm)
To register, call the Career Services Registration Hotline, 908-526-1200, ext. 8934.
RVCC, located on Route 28 and Lamington Road in North Branch, NJ, and serving Somerset and Hunterdon County residents for close to 40 years, offers more than 80 associate degrees and certificates. In addition, customized training programs and non-credit courses are available for those seeking personal and professional development.
The College is committed to offering a quality and affordable education through effective teaching, liaisons with the community?s businesses and state-of-the-art technology. For further information, visit www.raritanval.edu .