| Siham Alfred, Ed. D
Professor of Mathematics
Office: Somerset Hall, S-232
Phone: 908-526-1200, Ext. 8218
If you think mathematics is hard, try living without it.
Mathematics is one of the most creative human endeavors
- B.S. in Mathematics, Beirut College For Women, Beirut, Lebanon.
- M. Sc. in Mathematics, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon .
Ed.D. Mathematics Education, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, May 1999
Dissertation: An Analysis of Students' Cognitive Strategies Employed
in a Learning Experience from Chaos Theory.
Advisor: Dr. Anthony Kelly, Rutgers, The State University of NJ
Committee Members: Dr. Terry Perciante, Wheaton College, Chicago, Illinois, and
Dr. Wolmer V. Vasconcelos, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Research and Curriculum Supervision Experience
- Royal Scientific Society, Amman Jordan (Full-time Mathematics Coordinator)
- Member of the National Mathematics Group, Amman Jordan (Supervising UNESCO Calculus Project).
- University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan (Full time Lecturer in Mathematics)
- University of Miami, Miami Florida, (Graduate Assistant, Mathematics Department)
- Miami Dade Community College, Miami, Florida (Full-time, Associate Professor of Mathematics)
- Raritan Valley Community College ( Full-time Professor of Mathematics)
Courses Taught at RVCC
- Unified Calculus I,
- Unified Calculus II
- Unified Calculus III
- Unified Calculus III On Line
- Linear Algebra
- Applied Calculus
- Foundation of Calculus
- Pre-Calculus I & II
- Introduction to Limits ( Honors Course)
- Statistics I
- Algebra Mod I
- Algebra Mod 2
- Algebra Mod 3
- Algebra Mod 4
- Intermediate Algebra
- Summations Sequences & Series
- Differential Equations
Member of MATYCNJ, The Mathematical Association of Two Year Colleges
Member of AMATYC, The American Mathematical Association of Two Year Colleges
Member of MAA, The Mathematical Association of America, NJ Chapter.
1999- 2000 President elect, President and Past President of MATYCNJ
2000, 2003. Delegate for AMATYC
Created by S. Alfred
Last modified 9/14/12 by D. Britz