How do I prepare my computer and login to my distance learning course?
Prepare your computer:
- Be sure that you have an up-to-date browser
- WebStudy recommends the following browsers
- PC: Internet Explorer 8, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome
- Mac: Mozilla Firefox 4.0
- WebStudy supports all of the following browsers
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Go to the WebStudy Downloads page to download a browser if needed
- Multimedia Players and Viewers
- You may need one or more multimedia players to play course videos and/or listen to audio files.
- If you do not have PowerPoint installed on your computer, you will need a viewer to see course PowerPoint presentations
- You will need Acrobat Reader to see course pdf files
- Go to the WebStudy Downloads page to download multimedia players and viewers
- Pop-up Blockers and Security Settings
- Be sure to "allow" the following Websites to pop-up on your computer
- Be sure to "allow" potentially unsafe components so that you can take tests, upload assignments, and perform other course functions.
How to Login:
- Go to the Lion's Den (http://lumserve.raritanval.edu) and log in.
- User Name is your RVCC student ID number ("G00" followed by 6 digits).
- Your initial Password is a randomly-generated number that was mailed to you in a packet of
information by RVCC Enrollment Services. (If you are not a new student - this password was emailed to you in your RVCC Gmail)*
- If you have any trouble logging into Lion's Den, please contact our RVTS helpdesk at 908-526-1200 ext 7887
- In Lion's Den, click on the Academics tab and click the WebStudy channel to get to the WebStudy login page at http://rvcc.webstudy.com. Follow the login instructions in the red box.
- After you login, click on the course list in the upper right to select your course.
- NOTE: Your 2012 Fall distance learning courses will not be available until the day they begin unless you hear otherwise from your instructor. Full term and first seven week courses begin August 29, 2012. Twelve week courses begin September 12, 2012. Second seven week courses begin October 17, 2012.
- IMPORTANT TIPS FOR ONLINE EXAMS
- Prepare to take the exam:
- Open only ONE browser window. Close all other windows and applications on your desktop.
- Clear your browser CACHE: (storage area for temporary files and Websites) http://browsers.about.com/od/faq/f/Clear-Browser-Cache.htm
- LOGIN DIRECTLY from http://rvcc.webstudy.com rather than logging in from Lion’s Den.
(Also use this tip when working on an extended writing assignment that requires you to be logged in without clicking for an extended period of time so that you are not "timed out" by Lion's Den.)
- During the exam:
- Do not use your scroll wheel when taking an online exam (it may change your answers!)
- Do NOT click the browser’s BACK BUTTON.*
- Do NOT press the Enter key.*
- Do NOT click on any other browser tabs or windows.*
- ANY of the above 3 things will end your test without you being able to SUBMIT it, so your answers won’t be saved.
- * Don’t forget to hit the SUBMIT button when your exam is complete!
Login Help Contacts:
If you have NOT received your WebStudy password via Lion Mail or snail mail or if you have any trouble logging into WebStudy, do ONE of the following:
Business Hours (M-F 8:30 am-5:00 pm)
- Contact Lonny Buinis 908-526-1200 x8306
- Contact Holly Smythe 908-526-1200 x8451
- Email email@example.com
Evenings and Weekends:
- From http://rvcc.webstudy.com, click on the "Request WebStudy Support" icon
- Call WebStudy support at 888-326-4058
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Your WebStudy password will not change when your Lion's Den password changes. Please write down your WebStudy password and keep it in a safe place. * If you have a WebStudy password from previous terms, that password should be valid for the fall 2012 term as well.