Payment in full of each semester's tuition and fees total must be accepted by that semester's payment deadline (listed below) in order to complete the registration process.
Payment Deadlines by Semester:
Fall 2015 Career Program 1- June 5, 2015
Fall 2015 - August 3, 2015
Fall 2015 Career Program 2- September 1, 2015
Winter 2016 - December 7, 2015
Spring 2016 - January 4, 2016
Summer 2016 - April 15, 2016
If a student has an approved financial aid award for the full amount of their bill, the Financial Aid department will annotate the student's account and the payment requirement will be deferred until the financial aid award is applied to the student account. Any remaining balance will be due at that time.
If a student registers after the semester's payment deadline date noted above, payment of the account balance in full is due at the time of registration.
The available payment options are:
- Cash (accepted in person only at the cashier's window)
- Check or Money Order (accepted by mail or at the cashier's window)
- Visa, Mastercard or Discover credit cards (accepted online or at the cashier's window)
- ACH debit - this is a direct debit from the student's checking or savings account (only accepted online with an active Lion's Den account)
- Financial Aid Assistance - To apply for financial aid at RVCC, which includes grants, work study, scholarships and loans, the student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Application deadlines and other information can be obtained by calling RVCC's Financial Aid department at (908) 526-1200 ext. 8273 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Higher One (formerly Sallie Mae) Tuition Installment Payment Plan (Higher One accepts payment plan applications online)
Checks or Money Orders should be made payable to: RVC College
Returned Item Fee:
If a check, credit card charge or an ACH transaction is returned unpaid by a financial institution, a $25 returned item fee will be charged to the student's account. In addition, a returned item hold will be placed on the student's account until payment in full (including the returned item fee) has been received. This financial hold will preclude the student's ability to register for future classes, and will prevent the release of grades and transcripts for the student.
Online credit card and ACH payments can be made via the Student Services tab in the Lion's Den (requires an active RVCC student ID number and password).
For students with an inactive Lion's Den account (or no Lion's Den account), a credit card payment can be made online by clicking here.
Withdrawal from classes:
Each student is required to officially withdraw from every course they do not plan to attend. If the student fails to officially withdraw from any of their classes before the end of the published 100% refund period for each classes' appropriate part of term, the student account will properly reflect a balance due to RVCC. RVCC Withdrawal & Refund Schedule.
Past Due student account:
If a student's account is past due, an accounts receivable hold will be placed on their account. This financial hold will preclude the student's ability to register for future classes, and will prevent the release of grades and transcripts for the student. Past due accounts aged over 90 days delinquent will be referred to a collection agency who will add collection fees to the student's outstanding balance. The student will then be required to pay the balance in full directly to the collection agency. Collection fees cannot be waived.