|The Confidential Tips Hotline
Report Tips Online
This TIPS HOTLINE is available for you to confidentially share anything about a crime, a planned crime, or suspicious activity on campus, as well as any information about a troubled individual, or a threatening situation which could develop into a violent act or assault. Knowledge of threats or potential acts of violence need to be brought to the attention of the college security, so they can immediately act to prevent anyone from being injured. All threats need to be taken seriously, and any information provided will be acted upon.
The following are examples of information which should be reported:
• The identity of someone bringing a weapon on campus
• The identity of a student or employee threatening another
• The identity of someone who may be emotionally distressed or suicidal
• Violent writings, notes, voicemail, or email threatening to others
• Rumors of planned violence or an assault on someone
• Use of illegal drugs and/or alcohol
• Domestic violence occurring, or which may occur on campus or elsewhere
• Activity or conditions that may be illegal or dangerous
• The identity of a criminal suspect, or the location of a wanted person Remember, the TIPS HOTLINE is confidential. You do not have to leave your name. Sometimes additional information would be helpful, and there may be a reason to contact you, so it may be useful for you to leave your number, if you are willing. But the most important thing is that the information is reported to someone who can do something about it.
To report an on campus emergency, requiring immediate attention - call 908-231-8800
Off campus emergency - call 911