Did you know that the average student commutes over 11 miles to RVCC, costing about $12 roundtrip?
Save gas and money and decrease your impact on the environment by using alternative transportation.
- Maps and Directions
- Parking - On busy days, parking is usually available in Lot 5 and for faculty in Lot 6. Commuters are encouraged to carpool or take the shuttle when possible.
- Carpool - 10% of RVCC's full-time students carpool to campus at least half of the time, and 40% are willing to carpool. To help RVCC commuters find carpools, RVCC offers RideShare ride-matching servicethrough RideWise. Students and staff can fill out the online form and to be matched with other RVCC carpool-seekers or listed in RideShare's carpool classifieds. Carpoolers registered with RideWise are eligible for a free ride home in case of emergency.
- Vanpool - If you commute 15 miles or more to campus from a densely populated area like Flemington, consider vanpooling (carpooling in a rented van). Van costs are subsidized by NJ Transit. RideWise can help you join or start a vanpool.
- Somerset County Shuttle Bus - Somerset County runs two public transit shuttle buses, CAT 1-R and CAT 2-R, to campus Monday through Friday for $2 per ride. The shuttles serve Bedminster, Bound Brook, Bridgewater, Franklin, Raritan, Somerville, and South Bound Brook. Stops include the Commons Mall, Raritan Mall, and the Somerville train station.
- Hunterdon County Bus - Starting in 2016, Hunterdon County is increasing its bus service to campus to 5 times per day Monday through Friday. Times are 8:05am, 10:05am, 1:05pm, 3:05pm, and 5:05pm. Details will be posted at the bus shelter in front of the Theater. For more information, contact Hunterdon County Transportation Coordinator (and RVCC grad) Erin Neucum at 908-788-1575.
- NJ Transit Discounts - The shuttle bus connects to NJ Transit buses and train stations. Full-time students (12+ credits) are eligible for 25% off a regular rail, bus, or light rail monthly pass when enrolled through NJ Transit's Student Pass program. The Student Pass is an alternative to the regular monthly pass.
- Free Ride Home - If you carpool, vanpool, take mass transit, bicycle or walk to RVCC two or more times per week, you can register with RideWise's Ticket Home program. Registered commuters can get reimbursed for emergency rides home due to unexpected overtime requests, a family or medical emergency, a carpool breakdown or a transit service interruption.
- Free Electric Car Charging - In front of the West building, there are two electric car charging stations, each with fast and slow charging cords. The stations are on the ChargePoint network. The charging cost is a 40 cent connection fee and the electricity itself is free.
- No idling - It is against state law to idle your vehicle for more than 3 minutes. Please turn off your vehicle when parked.
This website was developed by Computer Science major Georgiana Haldeman through the Service Learning Program at RVCC.
The top banner was designed by graphic design student Gregory Brock through the Service Learning Program at RVCC.