Early Credits ProgramHigh School Students - Jump Start Your College Education
Earn Credit | Save Money | Start College Now | How to Apply & Register
More Info | Registration Form
The Raritan Valley Community College (RVCC) High School Early Credits Program enables high school students to jump start their college education by earning college credit while they are still in high school. The High School Early Credits Program at Raritan Valley Community College allows high school juniors and seniors with a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) to enroll in college level courses at RVCC and receive college credit upon satisfactory completion of those courses. Depending on the course (s) taken, credits may be used for satisfaction of degree requirements at RVCC or another college.
By enrolling in RVCC's Early Credits Program, you will be able to:
Use it at RVCC or take it with you to another college. The credit you earn now will wait for you. If your high school allows, you may be able to use the credits to fulfill high school requirements.
At RVCC you'll receive a quality education at only $175 for the first course taken each semester. Full tuition will be charged for any additional courses.
Start College Now
Complete courses that most college degree programs require. Explore a course in a major you are seriously considering for your future. Choose from hundreds of courses offered on campus and at convenient off-campus locations.
Challenge yourself with a college course at RVCC. Complete stimulating assignments with knowledgeable professors in an intimate college setting.
Information about registration, locations, dates, times and procedures are available in RVCC's Course Schedule. Copies are available at your high school guidance office, on the RVCC Web site (www.raritanval.edu) or at Student Enrollment Services at RVCC.
How to Apply & Register
1. Look through the Course Schedule and select one or more courses that interest you and fit into your schedule.
2. Apply online as an Early Admit High School student (no application fee is required). This application will take 24 hours to process before being able to register for classes.
3. Select a course from the RVCC Course Schedule in consultation with your high school guidance counselor.
4. Download and print the Registration Form (above). Complete the form with required information and obtain necessary signatures (self, guidance counselor/principal and parent).
*If you are interested in taking an English or Mathematics course, you will need to take a placement test in the RVCC Testing Center.
For an English course, the placement test can be waived if you can provide a score report showing an SAT Critical Reading score of at least 540 or an ACT English score of at least 24.
For a Math course, the placement test can be waived if you can provide a score report showing an SAT math score of 530 or ACT math score of 22 for select college level Math courses; or an SAT math score of 550 or ACT math score of 23 for Pre-Calculus or Statistics. The test must be taken for placement into the Calculus sequence.
5. Meet with an Academic Advisor in the Advising and Counseling Services Office. Bring completed paperwork (registration form, high school transcript). Also be sure to bring a photo ID and, if required, SAT/ACT scores, or have taken a Placement Test. The Academic Advisor must sign all Early Credit forms the first time that you register. Be prepared to pay your course fee ($175 for the first course, full tuition for additional courses). There is an additional cost for text books.
For further information, call RVCC Admissions at (908) 526-1200 ext. 7009.