To best view this page, please turn off Compatibility View.
RVCC Career Services
Internship FAQs for Employers
Consider an intern to assist you in completing your projects. Interns can possess up-to-date training and skills to meet your needs in the following areas:
- Automotive Technology
- Environmental Control Technology
- Events Planning / Meeting Management
- Business Management
- Graphic Arts
- Criminal Justice
- Computer Networking
- Web Development
- PC hardware and software support
- and more
What is an internship?
An internship is a career-related work experience during which time a student assumes a meaningful, challenging role outside the traditional college environment. Internships are mutually beneficial to both employer and student, however, there must be a mentoring component to fulfill the requirements of a college internship. Internships are usually paid positions.
What are the advantages of hiring a college intern?
RVCC interns bring the latest skill sets to the workplace, along with their enthusiasm and motivation. In combining college coursework with hands-on experience in their chosen career, they develop abilities in not only their specific field of study, but also in communication, critical thinking, and the ability to work in a team environment. The internship experience provides a win-win for both the employer and the student. There is never any charge for an employer to post an internship or job opportunity with RVCC.
What are my responsibilities as the employer of a college intern?
- The work assigned for the intern must be meaningful, challenging and in the intern's field of study. The job duties should match the job description you have written for the student.
- The workplace must be safe.
- There must be a learning/mentoring/supervising component to the experience.
- There should be an open line of communication between the employer, the student and RVCC's Career Services.
- The employer will contact RVCC's Workplace Coordinator after hiring an Intern and when the position has ended.
- Complete a brief evaluation form at the conclusion of each internship experience.
How do I list an internship with RVCC?
We look forward to working with you!
Easy. Click on the Lion Job Board link below and choose 'Employers.' Once we receive your registration, you will be assigned a password and can post your internship. If you have any questions contact the RVCC Internship Coordinator at 908-526-1200 ext 8213.
Click here for Suggestions for Establishing Successful Internships.