The Children’s Campus is under the direction of Cathy B. Griffin, who has over thirty-five years of experience as an educator, trainer and director in early childhood, elementary and special education settings. She holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Child Psychology and Development, and Early Childhood Education from Bank Street College of Education. She continues to do post graduate work in early language and literacy development.
Jill Accomando, after five years as a head teacher at The Children’s Campus; also serves as the assistant director and coordinator of the infant, toddler and two’s programs. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Health Education, and brings to the Children’s Campus over 16 years of teaching and directing experience with infants and toddlers, and their families.
Each class is under the direction of a state certified head or group teacher.
- Head teachers are experienced, fulltime teachers, who have earned four-year college degrees and NJ state certification. Currently, our head teachers are Jill Accomando, Anne Hickey and Wendy Rizzolo.
- Group teachers are experienced, part time teachers, who have earned two-year degrees, or equivalent college early childhood course work, and NJ state certification. Currently, our group teachers are Maria Cuellar, Shaiesta Datoo, and Jolanta Kaczmarek.
- Part time Assistant Teachers are placed in the classroom on a regular and consistent basis in order to meet required adult to child ratios. Many of these assistants are students in early childhood or elementary education at RVCC or affiliated four-year colleges and universities.
- Early childhood and elementary education students may be placed at The Children’s Campus for supervision during cooperative and/or practicum experiences for college credit.
- RVCC students fulfilling service learning requirements for coursework are assigned to classes as appropriate.
All full and part time staff is subject to the same thorough pre-employment process required by the State of New Jersey, including criminal background and child abuse record investigations.
updated 11.14.12 by KKO