New Student Planning Guide - What to Expect
It's an adjustment getting started anywhere new, expecially when it's college. Whether you are coming from high school, another college or the workforce, RVCC will be a completely new experience. Here are some of the things you can expect as a new student:
- Courses are taken in credit hours. One credit hour approximately equals one hour in class. (Most courses are three credit hours, meaning approximately three hours a week in class.
- You'll create a new schedule every term. Fall semesters typically run from September to December; Spring semesters typically run from January to May; and Summer Sessuions typically run from mid-May to mid-August.
- You'll create your own schedule. Choose which courses you want, and which days and times you want to take them.
- Each course syllabus is part of your roadmap to success! Read and keep track of the syllabus for each class.
- Be sure to study. Plan on 2 hours of study outside of class for every hour in class.
- Be responsible. It's up to you to attend class, study for exams and tests and complete course assignments.
- College announcements and notices will be sent to your Lion's Den e-mail account. You are responsible for checking your account daily and reading both the campus and personal announcements.
- Homework is for your benefit. Even if it's not collected or graded, the material will probably end up on a test.
|Campus Life @ RVCC|