HIGH SCHOOL EQUIVALENCY TESTING
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION
Two Forms of Government Issued Identification are required
YOU MUST BRING AT LEAST TWO OF THE FOLLOWING GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID's
Valid Passport with a recent photograph (Non-US issued passport requires accompanying letter from the Embassy on Embassy letterhead, written in English, verifying the authenticity of the passport, with the official's signature and contact information provided.)
- Social Security card (SSN), Social Insurance Card (SIN), Taxpayer ID Card (TID), Deferred Action Card (DAC), Social Security Verification letter.
- Foreign passports with school ID's are usually invalid unless they are current, as in they were issued for the current school year, or in the summer of the prior year.
- State or Federal Program issued ID cards, i.e. Job Corp, NJ Youth Challenge.
The items, between the two, must contain the following information:
- Current Photo
- Current Address (to show NJ residency)
- Identification Number (SSN, SIN, DAC, or SS Administration Verification Letter)
- Date of Birth
If you do not have two of the accepted forms of ID, contact the DMV to either obtain a driver's license or ID card and/or contact a passport office.
if YOU HAVE TWO FORMS OF ID BUT DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING THAT LISTS YOUR CURRENT NJ ADDRESS, THE FOLLOWING ARE ACCEPTABLE TO VERIFY YOUR NJ RESIDENCY IN ADDITION TO THE TWO PRIMARY ID's:
- Utility bill, bank statement, lease, automotive registration, or automotive insurance ID that shows your name and your NJ address
- Credit card statement with NJ address
- Employer ID Card with photograph and NJ address
- Health Insurance Card with NJ address
After review of all identification presented, the Testing Center staff has the right to accept or refuse any documentation. If you have any questions, please contact the NJ Department of Education Adult Education Office - 609-777-1050.