In response to COVID-19, most College offices are operating remotely. You can reach us by phone or online. See contact information below. Stay well.
We will continue to serve your inquiries through technology. Please connect with us on:
- Live Chat accessible at our website: www.raritanval.edu
- ARVEE the Artificial Intelligence (AI) BOT text message on the College’s website (Admissions pages) through Messenger icon
- Admissions’ Email email@example.com, and our emails listed below.
Please scan and email any Admissions documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not leave any documents on campus at this time.
Carolyn White, Executive Director of Enrollment Management email@example.com 908-297-0561 - cell
Nancy Mombay Assistant Director of Admissions firstname.lastname@example.org 908-297-0648 - cell
Antoinette Bryant, Enrollment Coach email@example.com 908-297-6315 – cell
Delma Rose, Enrollment Coach firstname.lastname@example.org 908-297-6313 – cell
Daniela Acharon, Admissions Coordinator email@example.com
Karen Zappetti, Admissions Staff firstname.lastname@example.org
Kiswah Khan, Admissions Specialist email@example.com 908-297-6261 – cell
Academic Support Center
The Academic Support Center will be offering tutoring by appointment through Microsoft Teams. Please send your appointment request to one of the emails below and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
We also offer tutoring through Smarthinking! A 24/7 online help service in math, science, accounting, and business by non-RVCC tutors. Click here for more information.
Advising & Counseling Services will continue providing the following services to students either via phone, email or video chat.
- General Academic advising: firstname.lastname@example.org (908) 526-1200 ext. 8336
- Transfer advising: email@example.com (908) 526-1200 ext. 8217
- Personal counseling: firstname.lastname@example.org (908) 526-1200 ext. 8641
- Honors College & NJ STARS: email@example.com (908) 526-1200 ext. 8966
- International Students /Veterans: elizabeth.Sullivan@raritanval.edu (908) 526-1200 ext. 8452
Students SEEKING ACADEMIC, TRANSFER ADVISEMENT or PERSONAL COUNSELING via video chat:
- Students who have smartphones
- Student requests a meeting with an advisor/counselor via email, providing their cell number and preferred times for their video conference meeting
- Upon confirming the meeting day/time, ACS staff member will send a confirmation email to the student.
- Instruct the student to download Google Duo App on their phone to facilitate the meeting.
- Instruct the student to accept all allowances and reload the app to update (if needed).
- NOTE: Students who do not have a smartphone can use/create a Gmail account & then can request a video chat with you via Google Hangouts.
In these trying and turbulent times, RVCC’s Counseling Services will continue to do what we can to help support everyone. We will be available remotely for continued counseling support. If you need one of the counselors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply as soon as possible. We will utilize phone or video chats to do what we can to continue serving our community. Remote Therapy Consent Form
With the daily exposure of news about COVID-19, reactions can be emotional, somatic, and/or behavioral, and can strongly impact mental and physical health. Listed are some ways to decrease your uncertainty of these time:
- Maintain your routine
- Utilize social distancing as much as possible
- Follow health care guidelines
- Do something physical to release some of the anxiety building
- Do something relaxing, get away from the pressures of the day
- Reach out and talk to friends and family
Here are a acouple links that may be helpful to manage our daily lives.
Dean of Student Affairs
The Office of the Dean of Student Affairs is still available to assist students with a variety of topics.
- Student Conduct Reporting - https://www.raritanval.edu/studentconduct
- Title IX Reporting - https://www.raritanval.edu/titleIX
- Dean Certification / Transfer Forms
- Background Check Forms
- All students’ complaints and concerns https://www.raritanval.edu/feedback
- All other Questions
The office is operating remotely. We are available for intakes, questions, and/or concerns during regular business hours. We have the ability to Skype. Please feel free to reach out!
The general (best) email is email@example.com
Karly Skerbetz, Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicolette Colon, Assistant Director email@example.com
Rikita Singh, Director firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to assure you that we will continue to serve you with our full breadth of services, with the following exceptions:
- Electronic and mail transcript orders may be processed as usual, but pickup orders will not be available
- We will be able to process and evaluate incoming electronic transcripts, but not paper transcripts
- We will be able to process Enrollment Verifications electronically, or mail them, but will not be able to process them for pickup;
Communication is always important, but even more so under these circumstances. If any of the above-mentioned limitations will cause a problem for you, please let us know, and we will try our best to meet your needs as we are able. If you have questions or would otherwise like to leave a message, please call (908) 526-1200, ext. 8861, or email us at email@example.com
We suggest you email the appropriate Financial Aid staff member with any questions or issues. Please scan and email any Financial Aid documents to us directly. Do not leave any documents on campus at this time.
- If your last name starts with the letters A-F, please contact Lenny Mesonas firstname.lastname@example.org 908-526-1200 Ext 8371
- If your last name starts with the letters G-N, please contact Erin Kislan email@example.com 908-526-1200 Ext 8378
- If your last name starts with the letters O-Z, please contact Melanye Nunez firstname.lastname@example.org 908-526-1200 Ext 8397
Also, Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 Financial Aid processing has been delayed. We plan to begin once the college reopens.
First Year Experience
The First Year Experience (FYE) Team supports all new, first time college students as you transition into the college culture, participate in campus life, set your academic path, and have an enriching and successful campus experience. Although the COVID-19 pandemic has determined that we must change our practices, the goal of FYE is to provide you with a support system to help you reach your academic, personal and professional goals.
INFORMATION FOR INCOMING STUDENTS
Registering for Classes
Now that you have completed your application, the next step in the enrollment process is to get you registered for classes and oriented to the college’s technological and campus resources. Your participation in a First Year Registration Session (FYRS) will do that. Complete this Welcome from FYE Form so we can collect some general information that will determine our follow up with you. Based on your responses, we will either email you within 48 business hours with instructions to either:
- submit your English and Math Placement information. See the chart below for details on exemptions to the placement testing requirement.
- RSVP for your desired First Year Registration Session. Sessions will be offered online from May through August. During the sessions we will provide you with the information, tools and resources to register for Fall classes. We will send you detailed information about the format prior to your session date.
EXAM SCORE EXEMPTIONS FROM PLACEMENT TESTING
Please provide all official and/or unofficial scores to email@example.com. If you do not qualify for an exemption, we will send you information on how meet the placement testing requirements as soon as it is available.
Lion Pride Day is our orientation, sharing what it means to be part of the RVCC culture, and hearing from students, faculty, and staff about acclimating to college life. We want you to feel welcome, and connected, and engaged for the journey ahead.
- New Student Testimonial:
“I honestly didn’t know what I was going to get out of attending Lion Pride Day, but I’m glad I came. I learned ways that I can take control of my educational goals, find my ‘why’ and make sure I don’t go through this alone. I met so many new students and current student leaders today! Hopefully we’ll stay in touch.”
- Parent Testimonial:
“I’ve never seen my daughter respond to new people like this! She needed to be here today.”
- Student Leader Testimonial:
“When I attended Lion Pride Day my first year, I was inspired to get involved and make the most out of being at RV. And by helping students go through this important transition and welcome them to College as a Student Leader? It’s a great feeling. It makes them feel that they’re not alone.”
We are currently determining how we will structure this event for a lively and engaging time. As soon as it becomes available, we will follow up with all the necessary information for you to RSVP.
INFORMATION FOR CURRENT STUDENTS
We know that switching to fully online classes can be very difficult and we are here to fully support you during this transition. Please check your email for our weekly updates with tips and resources to help you stay on track academically and support your overall well-being. If you would like to set up a virtual meeting with your First Year Advisor, please email or call us and provide the following information:
- Your first name, last name and G#
- Three days and times you can meet Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM. Your First Year Advisor will follow up with a calendar invite for your appointment.
- Your preferred format for the appointment – phone or Skype
- What questions or concerns you may have and want to discuss further in the meeting
You can also complete the following survey: Tell FYE How We Can Help to let us know what resources we can help you access.
We encourage you to reach out to us for advice and support regarding your plans, especially for the remaining Spring Semester. We’re here to help you through these extraordinary difficult times. Stay well and safe.
FYE Main Office - FYE@raritanval.edu
908.526.1200 ext. 8522
Andrea.Faschan@raritanval.edu (First Year Advisor)
Maribi.Henriquez@raritanval.edu (First Year Advisor)
The library is here to support your information needs during our move to online classes and extended closure. We have put together a helpful Virtual Library Resources website that you can visit to find out where and how to get help.
- The library will close 3/17 at 4:30pm
- March 18 and beyond:
- The library will be open online only via chat with a librarian from 8:30am - 9pm Mondays through Thursdays and from 8:30am - 4:30pm on Fridays. The library is available via email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you within 24 hours (with the exception of weekends).
- You can still request interlibrary loan resources (articles and book chapters, no physical books). We will continue to monitor that service.
- Our databases are 24/7 - you will still have the same great access to RVOneSearch, and all of our other research databases.
- Our ebook collection is available 24/7 as well. You can visit https://rvcc.on.worldcat.org/discovery and search for your interest and then select ‘eBook’
Payment due date has been moved by two weeks, from 4/17 to 5/1.
For technology assistance please call or email the Technology Services Help Desk at 908-231-8811, x7887, email@example.com
*Free Internet Resources - The Federal Communications Commission’s “Keep America Connected” initiative expands free internet access across the U.S. Visit here for AT&T, Spectrum / Charter, T-Mobile, Verizon, Xfinity and Optimum.
The Testing Center is temporarily closed. If you have questions or would otherwise like to leave a message, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfer & Career Servicces
Transfer & Career Services will now be working remotely and providing services using videoconferencing and Chat options through Microsoft Teams (accessible through Outlook 365 in The Lion’s Den), Zoom, phone and email. Other platforms such as Google Hangouts, Google Meet or Google Duo can also be accommodated!
To schedule an appointment:
- Student requests a meeting with a staff member via email, providing their cell number and preferred times for their phone, chat or video conference meeting.
- Upon confirming the meeting day/time, the staff member will send a confirmation email to the student and any further instructions if needed.
Our services include:
- Career Counseling to guide students in setting goals and making informed choices about future career and educational plans
- Helping students identify interests, skills, learning/decision-making styles, and personality traits-and career options that best fit!
- Individual advising on how to explore career fields through jobs and internships
- Lion Job Board online jobs & internships database
- Strategies for professional networking and branding using social media
- Preparation on resumes, interviewing and job survival!
- And Much More!
Check out our web site!
- All About Transfer: https://commons.raritanval.edu/studentserv/transfer/Pages/transfer_about.aspx
- Career Counseling and Exploration: Carrie.email@example.com
- Internships & Cooperative Education: Alicia.Hermo-Weaver@raritanval.edu
- Employment Preparation and Search: Wendy.Schnall@raritanval.edu
- Transfer Planning: Paul.firstname.lastname@example.org