PR # 189 March 12, 2008
NURSING, ALLIED HEALTH CAREER SEMINAR SET AT RVCC
Raritan Valley Community College?s (RVCC) Career Services Department will sponsor a Nursing and Allied Health Career Seminar Tuesday, April 1, from 6-8 p.m., in The Conference Center at the College?s North Branch Campus. The program is free of charge and open to the public.
Participants will learn about a variety of careers in Nursing and Allied Health as they interact with professionals in roundtable sessions. Featured speakers include:
* Janice Bengivenga, R.N., Director of Education and Infection Control, Greenbrook Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center (Career pathway from PNAD to Director Level)
* Randi Lovett, Optician and Owner, Pearle Vision Center (Ophthalmology)
* Connie Oskinski, Nurse Recruiter, Somerset Medical Center (Nursing recruitment process)
* Peter Longo, RN, Matheny Medical and Educational Center (Nursing in a school for the developmentally disabled)
* Ellen Shakespeare, MBA, RHIA, Coordinator/Instructor, Health Information Technology, RVCC (Health Information Technology)
Juliana Straut will discuss the NJ STARS program, a new scholarship program exclusively for New Jersey high school students who graduate in the top 20 percent of their class.
To register, call the Career Services Registration Hotline, 908-526-1200, ext. 8934.
RVCC, located on Route 28 and Lamington Road in North Branch, NJ, and serving Somerset and Hunterdon County residents for close to 40 years, offers more than 80 associate degrees and certificates. In addition, customized training programs and non-credit courses are available for those seeking personal and professional development.
The College is committed to offering a quality and affordable education through effective teaching, liaisons with the community?s businesses and state-of-the-art technology. For further information, visit www.raritanval.edu .