Computer Science Department Cooperative Work Experience
What It is
Cooperative Work Experience Education offers students an on-the-job training program directly related to their academic major and career interests. Its purposes are to help students chose a career, find the right job and achieve success on the job. It provides a supervised off-campus work assignment through which students earn degree credit and in most situations, a salary as well.
Students can earn from one to three credits per semester.
- 10 hours per week @ 15 weeks = 150 hours = 1 Credit
- 15 hours per week @ 15 weeks = 225 hours = 2 Credits
- 20 hours per week @ 15 weeks = 300 hours = 3 Credits
Who Is Eligible?
To be eligible for Cooperative Work Experience, students must:
- Be enrolled full-time or part-time.
- Have completed 12 college credits or have the permission of the Associate Dean of Instruction/Director of Cooperative Education
- Be in good academic standing.
- Be employed at least 10 hours per week.
- Parallel Plan-The student works part-time and attends classes on a concurrent daily basis.
- Evening Plan-The student works full-time and studies in the evenings. Cooperative Work Experience helps such a student upgrade skills on the job.
CSET Dept. Contact, Prof. Pratap Reddy: firstname.lastname@example.org