HIGH SCHOOL EQUIVALENCY TESTING AT RVCC
New Jersey has approved several tests for people to earn a state-issued high school diploma. Each testing center determines which test(s) to offer in that center.
This testing center offers the McGraw Hill CBT Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC). Before calling for an appointment, make sure you are prepared to pass the tests. To review sample questions, visit http://www.tasctest.com/sample-questions.html .
English and Spanish tests are now available.
If you require information about testing accommodations, please go to www.tasctest.com/accommodations-for-special-needs-for-test-center-admins.html .
To be successful, you should:
1. Prepare for the test
- You can find study guides at local bookstores and libraries
- Take a preparation class:
- RVCC Continuing Education at 908-218-8871
- the Hunterdon County ESC at 908-806-2795
- Franklin Township Adult Education at 732-249-6410 ext. 339 or 908-421-3833
- The Jointure at 908-722-0233
- For information about preparation sites outside of Hunterdon and Somerset counties, go to http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/wnjpin/wnjpin_index.html
2. Pass a practice test
- To review sample questions, visit http://www.tasctest.com/sample-questions.html . Free practice tests and information about study materials will be available online. Check to see if you are prepared. If you cannot pass a practice test, you probably have more studying to do.
3. Register online and schedule your testing
To register for the TASC exam, you must have an email address and the identification you will be using to take the test. Applicants are required to provide
two (2) or more forms of identification to demonstrate identity and residence.
For an updated list of acceptable ID, please click here. When you call for an appointment, please have your identification available.
Click on Create New Account and I have never registered. (If retesting, select I Registered at a Test Center)
Enter your email address
Create a password - make sure it is one that you will remember - write it down
Proceed with entering the information required
Click on Create Account
An appointment is required for testing. To make an appointment, call 908-526-1200, ext. 8422 between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.
We will conduct first-time ENGLISH test sessions in late March. Testers must come both days, arriving at the Testing Center at 8:30. The testing fee is $92 and must be paid by money order payable to RVC College.
We will conduct first-time SPANISH test sessions in March. Testers must come both days, arriving at the Testing Center at 8:30.The testing fee is $92 and must be paid by money order payable to RVC College.
We will conduct RETESTING in late March - you must arrive at 8:30 on the day of your appointment. If you have previously taken the TASC, you may retest each section up to two times without paying for the test. However, you must pay a $10 administrative fee for each test.
Revised 1/5/16 dk