The mission of the Testing Center is to provide exceptional customer service while ensuring test security and integrity in an environment where testers can do their best work.
- follow the National College Testing Association Professional Standards and Guidelines for test delivery, security, confidentiality, and the integrity of testing instruments
- assess academic skills and interpret placements
- provide test proctoring for RVCC students and faculty
- provide certified proctoring services to the community
Need to take a test?
Students are encouraged to make appointments, to make an appointment please click the link here. If you are having trouble making an appointment, please contact the testing center at 908-526-1200 x8401 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Walk-ins are also welcome if an appointment is not possible. Please verify with your professor that they have already submitted an exam prior to coming in to take a test. All tests taken in the Testing Center require students to show a valid photo ID. Photographs of IDs are not accepted.
For ESL and Foreign language testing please refer to https://www.raritanval.edu/placement-testing. For Outside Testing (proctored exams and CLEP), please call 908-526-1200 x8401 or email email@example.com for more information.
TESTING CENTER OFFICE HOURS*
- Monday8:30am - 6pm
- Thursday8:30am - 6pm
- Tuesday8:30am - 6pm
- Friday9am - 4:30pm
- Wednesday8:30am - 8pm
- Saturday9am - 1pm
Please Note: Closed Sundays.
To take a test: Students are encouraged to make appointments, to make an appointment please click the link here. If you are having trouble making an appointment, please contact the testing center at 908-526-1200 x8401 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Walk-ins are also welcome if an appointment is not possible. Please be sure to verify with your professor that they have already submitted an exam prior to coming into test.
Testing Center Closures
From Saturday, September 2-5, the Testing Center will be closed in observance of Labor Day.
- Placement Testing
- Accuplacer English, Math and Level of English Proficiency (ESL) - Accuplacer Preparation
- Foreign Language - Spanish & French
- Technological Competency Placement Exam
- High School Equivalency Information
- CLEP, DANTES, and NYU Foreign Language Exam (credit by exam)
- Make-up exams/Course Testing (make an appointment above)
- Distance Learning/Proctored exams
- Each student MUST show photo identification before taking an exam.
- To be eligible to take placement tests, students must first apply for admission to RVCC through the web or in person in Admissions or Enrollment Services.
- If you require testing accommodations due to a documented disability, please contact the Office of Disability Services at 908-526-1200 x8534 or email email@example.com to apply for accommodations before taking the Placement Exam.
- Each section of the Accuplacer placement test may be taken up to 3 times. There is a $10.00 retest fee for each section.
- Appointments are required for: Distance Learning Proctored Exams, CLEP, and DSST.
118 Lamington Road
Branchburg, NJ 08876
Lower Floor of the Somerset Building, Room S013