Top 5 Things to Know about RVCC’s Free Tuition Program
You could be eligible for Free Tuition! RVCC is participating in the New Jersey Community College Opportunity Grant Program, which offers free community college to qualified students. Eligible students will receive free tuition and most educational fees for up to 18 credits a semester. Check out the handy list below of the top 5 things that you need to know about the Program:
1. Find Out if You Are Eligible
- Have a total household adjusted income not exceeding $65,000.
- Attend your home community college – RVCC for Somerset & Hunterdon county residents.
- Apply to RVCC and complete all admissions requirements.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA), including the state questions.
- Dreamers must complete the New Jersey Alternative Financial Aid Application.
- Enroll in at least 6 credits each semester for Fall 2019 and/or Spring 2020
- Do not have a prior college degree.
- Make satisfactory academic progress.
2. The Process Takes Only 2 Simple Steps
Step 1: Apply to RVCC and complete all admissions requirements.
Step 2: Complete the 2019-2020 FASFA form at fasfa.gov. (RVCC’s code is 007731). If you do not meet the citizenship requirements for FASFA, visit www.njgrants.org to see if you are eligible to fill out the New Jersey Alternative Financial Aid Application.
If you’ve already filled out your 2019-2020 FASFA and are a current RVCC student or have applied to RVCC, you will be automatically considered for the grant.
3. The Free Tuition Program Covers Some Expenses Beyond Just Tuition
The Opportunity Grant covers tuition and most educational fees including general fees, lab fees, most program fees, registration fees and technology fees. It does not cover books, computers & other supplies, application fees, graduation fees, transcript fees and late fees.
4. Attend Instant Decision Days to Learn More About Free College at RVCC
You could avoid college debt if you qualify for RVCC‘s Free Tuition Program. The best and most efficient way to learn more is by filling out your FASFA or New Jersey Alternative Financial Aid Application and then attending an RVCC Instant Decision Day to speak with advisors. While there, you can also get information about other state or federal grants or scholarships. RVCC’s Instant Decision Days, which are held on the dates listed below, take place between the hours of 10 am to 7 pm in the RVCC Event/Conference Center. Register now!
5. If you’re Not a United States Citizen or Eligible Noncitizen, You May Be Eligible.
If you are not a US resident and are interested in seeing if you qualify for the Opportunity Grant, simply fill out the New Jersey Alternative Financial Aid Application at www.njgrants.org. In order to apply, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Attended a New Jersey high school for at least three (3) years.
- Graduated from a New Jersey high school or received the equivalent of a high school diploma in New Jersey.
- Registered for Selective Service (male students only).
- Are able to file an affidavit stating that you will file an application to legalize your immigration status or will file an application as soon you are eligible.
RVCC has been ranked the best community college in NJ by BestColleges.com, WalletHub.com, Schools.com, and Niche.com. Washington Monthly ranked RVCC eighth in the country in the category of “Best Colleges for Adult Learners (2 Year Colleges)” for 2018. As a leading state college in New Jersey, RVCC serves students locally from Somerset County and Hunterdon County, across the country, and around the world, offering top degree programs and the best local career training. For information, visit www.raritanval.edu.