RVCC Provides Helpful Remote Learning Tips During the Coronavirus
With social distancing and remote learning a part of our new normal, Raritan Valley Community College is providing students with helpful tips to support them during this challenging time. RVCC is committed to the health, safety and education of its students and will continue connecting with students throughout this situation. Read below for some handy ideas and feel free to share via social media and with fellow friends and classmates who are taking online classes.
RVCC’s Top 5 Tips for Remote Learning During the Coronavirus
Tip 1: Stay Informed
Watching the news can spark anxiety, but it is critical to be informed of the latest information and heed recommendations by officials. Things are changing so rapidly that it is essential to stay abreast of the newest developments, be prepared and take directives seriously. RVCC is actively monitoring the situation and posting frequent messages about how the College is responding to the coronavirus at raritanval.edu/coronavirus. For current information about the virus, you can visit the following sites: Centers for Disease Control; New Jersey Department of Health; and Somerset County Department of Health.
Tip 2: Practice Self Care
There are simple, daily precautions you can take to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus, including:
- Stay home. When it is necessary to leave your home, keep a distance of 6 feet between people.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. Use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol when soap and water is not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Cough or sneeze into your clothing sleeve.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched.
Part of your Coronavirus prevention protocol involves your wellness. A strong, healthy body can fight illness better. So, be sure to eat a well-balanced meal, sleep at least 8 hours a night, exercise and meditate to reduce stress. If needed, contact RVCC’s Counseling Services for remote counseling support at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, use any extra time to reconnect with friends and family members via FaceTime or text. Staying connected to your support system will help you from feeling isolated.
Tip 3: Adjust Your Mindset & Utilize RVCC’s Online Resources & Support
We are in this together! So, keep calm and stay connected with Raritan Valley Community College on Lion’s Den, the website or social media. Use good time management by creating a daily schedule for your college classes. Tap into RVCC’s Student Support Services that are available by going to www.raritanval.edu/coronavirus. RVCC will continue to serve your inquiries through remote technology including:
- Advising & Counseling Services continues to provide services to students either via phone, email or video chat. Email email@example.com or call (908) 526-1200 ext. 8336.
- The library is offering online reference support via chat with a librarian from 8:30am - 9pm Mondays through Thursdays and from 8:30am - 4:30pm on Fridays. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Online databases and ebook collections are available 24/7.
- The Academic Support Center is offering tutoring by appointment through Microsoft Teams. Tutoring is also available through Smarthinking – a 24/7 online help service in math, science, accounting, and business. Click here for more information.
Tip 4: Think & Plan Ahead
Tip 5: Feel Free to Ask RVCC Questions!
RVCC’s staff and faculty are here to support you through this transition, so please direct your questions. Go to raritanval.edu/coronavirus for contact information. Thank you in advance for your patience!
If you’re wondering, “What are the best colleges near me to check out in 2020?” Hands down, it’s definitely Raritan Valley Community College! With its extensive selection of college degree and certificate programs, RVCC offers high quality education at an affordable cost.
RVCC has been ranked the best community college in NJ by WalletHub.com and Niche.com. Washington Monthly ranked RVCC eighth in the country in the category of “Best Colleges for Adult Learners (2 Year Colleges)” for 2018. As a leading state college in New Jersey, RVCC serves students locally from Somerset County and Hunterdon County, across the country, and around the world, offering top degree programs and the best local career training. For information, visit www.raritanval.edu.