Interested in a Paralegal Career? Attend RVCC’s Session on Tuesday, Jan 7
Do you love watching legal dramas? Are you curious and enjoy researching topics online? Perhaps, you should consider becoming a paralegal, a career that is in high demand and offers a competitive salary. It’s not too late to get started this Fall Semester. In fact, you can learn more about the program by attending a special, Paralegal Information Session on Tuesday, January 7, from 5:50 pm to 7 pm at the RVCC Event Center, 118 Lamington Road in Branchburg. Click here to register!
Approved by the American Bar Association, RVCC’s highly respected, accredited program prepares you to launch a career as a legal assistant. We offer two options: a one-year certificate program for anyone who already has an associate or bachelor’s degree; or, a two-year associate program for individuals who do not have a college degree. Both options teach the legal fundamentals and provide the practical field experience needed for you to work as a legal paraprofessional in a law office or the legal department of a business, nonprofit or government office. You’ll learn how to conduct and analyze legal research as well as draft and interpret legal documents.
Sign up now to take the first steps to enroll for the Fall Semester. At the Special Information Session, you will:
- Meet with the Paralegal Studies Program Coordinator.
- Speak to alumni and representatives of law firms that employ RVCC graduates
- Learn how to enroll
- Explore financial aid options including, scholarships and a tuition payment plan
Looking for job security? The U.S. Bureau of Labor projects that the jobs in the paralegal field will grow by 15% from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations. RVCC’s paralegal certificate and paralegal associate degree program offer many advantages:
- ABA Approved: Approved by the American Bar Association for 25 years
- Internships/Co-Ops: Hands-on learning with access to a vast network of contacts in the legal profession
- Flexible Schedule: Day, evening and online classes available
- Two Track Study: Earn an Associate’s Degree or Certificate in Paralegal Studies
- Job Placement: Proven job placement for RVCC graduates
- High Starting Salary: Competitive median starting salary
RVCC has been ranked the best community college in New Jersey by BestColleges.com, WalletHub.com and Niche.com. BestColleges.com also ranked RVCC #10 in its list of the “Best Online Community Colleges for 2018.” Zippia, a website dedicated to helping grads with their career choices, ranked RVCC the “Best Community College in NJ for Getting a Job.” And, Washington Monthly ranked RVCC fifth in the country in the category of “Best Colleges for Adult Learners (2 Year Colleges)” for 2017. As a leading state college in New Jersey, RVCC serves students locally from Somerset County and Hunterdon County, across the country, and around the world, offering top degree programs and the best local career training. For information, visit www.raritanval.edu.