RVCC Announces its List of Top 6 Majors
Today, RVCC announced its first ever List of Top 6 Majors. Diverse, innovative and in-tune with today’s real world demands, the robust list contains a career trajectory that reflects those majors that are trending most among RVCC students and recent graduates within the last year. Read more about each major below or click here to register now for the Fall Open House on Saturday, October 13!
RVCC’s Top 6 Majors:
- Liberal Arts: Liberal Arts students take courses in English, their own and foreign cultures, mathematics and science, the arts, the study of society, the study of ideas and a foreign language. They have the option to specialize in communications, social science, music, studio arts, theatre, environmental studies or women & gender studies. Graduates have transferred to leading colleges and universities in New Jersey and across the country including Rutgers University, Columbia University, Georgetown University, Smith College, Boston University and American University.
- Nursing: Students enrolled in the accredited Nursing Program take general education and nursing courses, practice nursing intervention skills in the College’s nursing lab and gain hands-on clinical experience in varied healthcare settings. Students can enroll in the RN or LPN to RN RVCC nursing graduates are employed at leading healthcare facilities in the area including Hunterdon Healthcare, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospitals in Somerset and New Brunswick, and St. Peter’s Medical Center.
- Business: RVCC‘s Business Administration Program provides students with a broad business education and an opportunity to specialize in international business, management information systems, marketing or supply side management. Graduates have continued their studies at prestigious schools including Rutgers Business School, New York University, Cornell University, Drew University and Northeastern University.
- Engineering: RVCC’s innovative, hands-on Engineering Program prepares students to transfer to bachelor’s degree programs in engineering at four-year colleges and universities. Graduates have transferred to leading engineering institutions including Stevens Institute of Technology, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Cornell University, Lehigh University, NJIT and Virginia Tech. RVCC students can choose from one of eight tracks: bioenvironmental, biomedical, chemical, civil, electrical, industrial, mechanical or packaging.
- Biology: Students in the Biology Program develop an appreciation of the diversity of living things and the significance of their natural relation to one another and to their environment. Graduates have continued their education at Rutgers University, Drexel University, University of Pennsylvania, Columbia University, Drew University and other leading colleges and universities throughout the country.
- Computer Science: The Computer Science Degree focuses on the foundations of computing, algorithms and programming techniques as applied to Operating Systems, Information Technology and Data Structures. Students learn programming languages and study computer architecture. The program prepares students for transfer into bachelor’s degree programs at four-year colleges and universities in a variety of programs including computer science, information processing and related fields. Graduates have continued their studies at leading institutions including Stevens Institute of Technology, Tufts University, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Rutgers University, Lehigh University and Kean University.
As a state college, RVCC offers a stellar faculty, an array of associate degrees and certification programs that you can earn in two years or less. It provides a top-notch education at an affordable cost. And, RVCC offers a seamless transition for students who are exploring transferring colleges and need to transfer credits to a four-year institution. Discover your potential at RVCC. Learn how now!
Learn About RVCC
RVCC has been ranked the #1 community college in NJ by BestColleges.com, WalletHub.com and Niche.com, and Zippia.com has ranked RVCC as the best community college in NJ for getting a job. As a leading state college in New Jersey, RVCC serves students locally from Somerset County and Hunterdon County, across the country and around the world offering top degree programs and the best local career training. For further information, visit www.raritanval.edu.