Don’t Miss RVCC’s Career Nights this Spring!
This Spring, Raritan Valley Community College is hosting Career Nights for prospective students interested in learning about various occupations and career paths. These valuable events will offer attendees a chance to speak with faculty members and/or RVCC industry partners about some of today’s fastest-growing industries.
All Career Nights will be held at the RVCC Event Center, 118 Lamington Rd., Branchburg, NJ. The programs are free of charge and open to the public.
Career Night Schedule
Upcoming RVCC Career Nights include:
- Engineering – March 14
- Health Science – March 16
- Business – April 11
- Criminal Justice – April 26
Register for RVCC’s Career Nights here.
Engineering - Tuesday, March 14, 2023, from 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Learn about Engineering as a career path here. The Engineering Career Night will feature a panel of industry experts, including:
- Meredith Carvalho, Associate Director for Supportability Integration in the Logistics Research and Engineering Directorate (LRED), U.S. Army
- Tony D’Angelo, Physics and Engineering Instructor, Coordinator of the MET program, RVCC
- Luke Ingenito, Operations Analytics Engineer CAR-T, Johnson & Johnson
- Kyle McKenna, Senior Project Manager, PE, Bohler Engineering; Olivia O'Donnell, first-year Mechanical Engineering Student, RVCC
- Juan Prada-Ojeda, Senior Project Engineer, Skanska USA Building
- Antonella Pompo, Professor of Engineering, RVCC; Alia Rind, R&D Packaging Development, Rimmel, Boujois – Consumer Beauty Cosmetics (Coty Inc.)
- Marlon Scott, Project Manager, Turner Construction Company, Bridgewater
- Peter Stupak, President, Main Engine Start a New Jersey Nonprofit Corporation
Health Science - Thursday, March 14, 2023, from 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Learn about Health Science as a career path here. The Health Science Career Night will feature a panel of RVCC faculty members from different departments, including:
- Health Science – Linda Romaine, Department Chair, Health Science Education department
- Allied Health – Inieka Stafford, Director of Health & Technology Career Programs
- Exercise Science – Linda Romaine and Keith Burns, Exercise Science faculty members
- Medical Assistant – Janette Rodriguez, Program Coordinator and faculty member
- Nursing – Heather Heithoff, Assistant Professor, and Maria Molle, Assistant Professor
- Ophthalmic Science – Dr. Brian Thomas, Program Coordinator and faculty member
- Occupational Therapy Assistant – Beau Younker, OT, Program Coordinator and faculty member
Business - Tuesday, April 11, 2023, from 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Learn about Business as a career path here. Panelists TBD. Register here.
Criminal Justice - Wednesday, April 26, 2023, from 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Learn about a Paralegal career path here. Panelists TBD. Register here.
Career Guidance for RVCC Students
Once enrolled at RVCC, many students continue to ask: “What career is right for me?” RVCC offers quality resources to assist students in this journey, including:
- The Office of Career Success & Experiential Learning. As a student or alum, you can take advantage of career counseling and assessment services to help you identify career options and develop a plan to reach your goals. Services include workshops, resume assistance, internship help, and more. To learn more about how to find a career coach and discover additional benefits offered by this office, click here.
- Career Coach tool. This free online search tool lets you explore hundreds of potential careers. Select a career that suits your interests and learn about educational requirements, job prospects and wages—all localized to the tri-state region. View listings for current in-demand jobs, learn about the fastest growing jobs in New Jersey, build your resume, and more. Click here to get started.
Mark Your Calendar for RVCC’s Spring Open House!
Want to learn more about RVCC? The College’s Spring Open will be held Saturday, April 22, 2023 from 10am – 12pm. The event will allow prospective students to explore RVCC’s associate degree programs and career training programs, tour the campus, discover options for financial aid, and more! You won’t want to miss it. Register here today!
About Raritan Valley Community College
We’re #1! We’re #1! We’re proud to share that RVCC is ranked the #1 community college in New Jersey by both WalletHub and Intelligent.com. The College offers more than 90 degree and certificate programs along with small class sizes, a vibrant campus life, and the best instructors in the area. If you’ve been searching “colleges near me,” look no further than RVCC. For more information on The College, visit www.raritanval.edu.