Scholarship Hopefuls: Deadlines Are Fast Approaching!
Current and prospective RVCC students: If you are interested in applying for college scholarships or financial aid, take note! Deadlines are fast approaching for RVCC Scholarships, as well as for the Federal Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Deadlines to Note
- Scholarship Deadlines: While scholarship deadlines vary, most deadlines for national scholarships occur during the regular academic year, typically September through May. However, at Raritan Valley Community College, scholarship deadlines are a little later. You can begin applying for scholarships at the end of the Spring semester for the following academic year. If you’re interested in community college scholarship opportunities at RVCC, take note of these fast-approaching application deadlines:
- All general scholarships are now open until July 1, 2023
- Nursing – Scholarships will remain open until July 30, 2023
- STEM – Scholarships will remain open until September 16, 2023
- FAFSA Deadline: Most scholarship programs require students to fill out a FAFSA as part of the financial aid application process, so don’t delay. The next FAFSA deadline is June 30, 2023. You can access the FAFSA form here.
Researching scholarships can be an overwhelming task. While some scholarships are open to students across the country, there are also plenty of local scholarships in New Jersey. You can either search “NJ scholarships near me,” or click here to see the many scholarships available to the RVCC community.
At RVCC, we believe everyone deserves access to high quality education regardless of their financial situation. Each year, The College awards $300,000 to deserving students thanks to the generosity of the corporate community, local businesses, and individual donors. Scholarships can help with the cost of tuition, fees, and books.
Unless otherwise indicated, all scholarship recipients must earn and maintain a GPA of 2.75 or better for each semester enrolled. Students must also maintain a course-load of a minimum of six (6) credits per semester.
A wide range of scholarship opportunities are available based on academic merit and financial need. Some scholarships have specific requirements, such as residence in a certain town; graduation from a designated high school; enrollment in a particular major; and beyond.
RVCC scholarship categories include:
- General Scholarships
- Nursing Scholarships
- STEM Scholarships
- Athletic Scholarships
- Other Program Scholarships, including scholarships for certificate programs
- Scholarships for RVCC students transferring to certain four-year colleges
In addition to scholarships, RVCC can help you secure a number of other financial aid options, including grants, loans, and more.
Attend Our Next Info Session!
You can explore our programs, tour the campus, discover how to pay for college tuition, and more. You won’t want to miss it. Register here today!
Raritan Valley Community College is ranked the #1 community college in New Jersey by both WalletHub.com and Niche.com. The College offers more than 90 degree and certificate programs and is an affordable alternative to a state college or private university. RVCC has been serving as an academic and cultural center for NJ residents in Somerset County and Hunterdon County for over 50 years. RVCC is located at 118 Lamington Road in
Branchburg, NJ. For more information on The College, visit www.raritanval.edu.