Make the Most of Your Winter Break at RVCC
As the holiday season approaches, you may be looking forward to some time off between the fall semester and spring semester. And while time off is certainly necessary and well deserved, winter break can also be a good time to sneak in an online class to get a jumpstart on your New Years goals—and potentially graduate college sooner.
RVCC is a great place to use your time wisely and earn some credits over the winter break. Whether you’re a current RVCC student, a visiting student who is home for the holidays, or a high school student interested in exploring RVCC, winter classes are a worthwhile and affordable option.
All of our winter classes are online, offering a flexible schedule and the convenience of learning from home. This post will discuss why taking winter classes at RVCC is a smart idea and provide you with all the information you need to find and register for classes. So, let’s get started!
Why Take Winter Classes?
Taking winter classes at RVCC provides benefits for both current and new students. Here are just a few reasons to take winter classes at RVCC:
- Cross a core academic requirement off your list with classes such as The Nature of Science or Introduction to Sociology. Even if you’re a visiting student who attends a different college during the year, core class credits should transfer quite seamlessly. Just be sure to check with your home college’s academic advising and transfer services for details.
- Tackle challenging classes such as Precalculus II at a time when you’re not carrying a full courseload.
- Brush up on your business and professional skills with such classes as Computer Literacy.
- Pursue a personal passion with classes like Rock n’ Roll History & Culture or Dynamics of Fitness & Wellness.
- And perhaps most importantly, put yourself on the path to graduating sooner!
Session Dates for RVCC’s Winter Classes
If you’ve been researching “winter classes 2023 or 2024 near me,” Raritan Valley Community College is the answer. Our winter session dates are as follows:
- December 20, 2023: First day of winter classes
- January 10, 2024: Last day of winter classes
Spring semester 2024 classes will soon follow, with the first session of spring classes beginning on January 17.
The winter 2024 registration deadline and spring 2024 registration deadline typically extends to right before class begins—but it’s best to register early to guarantee your spot.
View Available Winter Classes
To find available online winter classes at RVCC, click here and select “Winter 2024” from the drop-down menu. Search by subject to see classes offered, dates and times, number of available seats, and information on any prerequisites that may be required.
How to Register for Winter 2024 Classes at RVCC
- If you’re a current RVCC student, log in to My Portfolio to register for classes.
If you’re new to RVCC, you must first apply here. You’ll be able to register for classes as soon as that quick-and-easy process is complete.
For more information on winter 2024 classes at RVCC, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to see you in class!
Ranked among the best community colleges in New Jersey by WalletHub.com and Intelligent.com, Raritan Valley Community College offers more than 90 degree and certificate programs, small class sizes, and affordable tuition.
A smart alternative to a state college or a private university, RVCC provides top-notch academic advising and transfer services to make transferring colleges easy.
RVCC has been serving the residents of Somerset County and Hunterdon County, NJ for nearly 60 years. For further information on RVCC, visit www.raritanval.edu.