Under One Roof: Welcome to the NEW RVCC Workforce Training Center!
Raritan Valley Community College has been hard at work building a new, state-of-the-art facility to house its career training programs under one roof. On May 23, 2017, the Workforce Training Center officially opened, ushering in a new era of hands-on learning at the RVCC campus. This new 47,000 square foot facility demonstrates our commitment to offering outstanding career training opportunities with the right environment and resources to help students thrive.
Which programs will be available at the Workforce Training Center?
The Workforce Training Center will host a variety of career training programs including Automotive Technology, Advanced Manufacturing Technology (metal-works fabrication), Cosmetology, Esthetics (skincare), and Environmental Control Technology (including residential and commercial HVAC) and Commercial Energy Management.
What are some of the features of the new building?
The facility features:
- A state-of-the-art automotive training center equipped with the Snap-on diagnostic equipment, where students can receive hands-on training in how to become a mechanic
- A working salon for cosmetology and esthetics students to master their skills
- Advanced Manufacturing and Environmental Control Technology shops equipped with the latest equipment for students to practice their trade
- A Small Business Development Center to assist entrepreneurs in starting or expanding businesses
- Modern classrooms for professional development courses
- Student lounge
Do Workforce Training Center programs offer job assistance or placement?
RVCC partnered with local industry and business leaders in New Jersey to design and build career training programs that meet the needs of employers and provide students with all the skills they need to succeed. Students gain real work experience by participating in job shadowing and internships. They receive job placement assistance and support in writing resumes and practicing for interviews.
What are some success stories for RVCC’s career training programs?
We have many! Let’s use our Advanced Manufacturing and Automotive Technology programs as examples.
- All of the 2016 Advanced Manufacturing graduates, who had been long-term employed when they entered the program, found employment
- 90% of the Automotive Technology graduates secured jobs in the automotive field including working at manufacturer dealerships, franchise repair shops and privately owned shops
How was the new building financed?
Financing for the $11.5 million facility includes $8 million from the state Higher Education Facilities Trust Fund and $3.5 million from the State of New Jersey's Chapter 12 Community College Building Fund. Under the Chapter 12 program, counties issue bonds for the construction project. The state pays half of the cost of repaying the debt service and the NJ counties of Somerset and Hunterdon pay the remaining 50 percent.
How can I learn more about programs at the Workforce Training Center? We’re glad you asked!
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology: Click here.
- Cosmetology & Esthetics: Click here if you’re interested in cosmetology school and here if you’re interested in esthetician school. Or attend our Cosmetology & Esthetics Info Session!
- Environmental Control Technology/HVAC: Click here.
- Commercial Energy Management – Click here
We hope to see you soon in the halls of the new Workforce Training Center!