Honors College Students Present Independent Study Capstone Projects
Seven students from Raritan Valley Community College’s Honors College presented their independent Capstone Course projects during a symposium, held May 4 at the College’s Branchburg campus. The RVCC Honors College students and their projects included:
• Aleena Akram presented on “ENHANCED MED: Healthcare Revolutionized”
• Christopher Bimble presented on “Breathing and Mindfulness in Sport”
• Jessica DeSanto and Morgan Kania presented on “Genetics of Breast Cancer”
• Henry Freligh presented on “Handmade Clarinet & Saxophone Reeds”
• Tiana Mayfield presented on “WHICH PATCH IS HEALTHIER? Assessing the Ecological Health of Two Sides of the Six Mile Run Trail in Somerset, NJ”
• Selma Mehmedagic presented on “The Negative Representation of Muslims in Media”
The Capstone Course is designed to guide sophomore Honors College students from all disciplines through the stages of researching and writing a major research paper or project, or developing an artistic pursuit. The students are mentored by faculty members and present their work at the end of the semester.
Launched in 2011, RVCC’s Honors College serves highly qualified high school graduates who are entering college for the first time. Honors College students benefit from being in small classes with similarly academically motivated students. Students in the program are taught by a select group of faculty. The Honors College features a cohort-based program with smaller, seminar-style courses that have an interdisciplinary focus and afford students the opportunity to develop a close working relationship with their professors.
To learn more about RVCC’s Honors College, attend an Honors College Information Session, May 18, at 6 p.m. The program will be held in the College’s Event Center. To register for the session, visit www.raritanval.edu/visit. For additional information about the Honors College, visit www.raritanval.edu/honors or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
RVCC is located at 118 Lamington Road in Branchburg, NJ. For further information, visit www.raritanval.edu.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 9, 2022
Media contact: Donna Stolzer, 908-526-1200, ext. 8383