Paralegal Information Session Scheduled
Students considering training for an in-demand career as a paralegal are invited to learn more about Raritan Valley Community College’s Paralegal Studies program at a special Paralegal Information Session, Tuesday, July 30, 7-8:30 p.m. The Information Session will be held in the RVCC Event/Conference Center at the College’s Branchburg Campus.
Approved by the American Bar Association, RVCC’s highly respected, accredited program prepares students to launch a career as a legal assistant. The College offers two options: a one-year certificate program for anyone who already has an associate or bachelor’s degree, or a two-year associate program for individuals who do not have a college degree. Both options teach the legal fundamentals and provide the practical field experience needed for someone to work as a legal paraprofessional in a law office or the legal department of a business, nonprofit or government office. Students learn how to conduct and analyze legal research as well as draft and interpret legal documents.
Those attending the Information Session will have the opportunity to:
• Meet with the Paralegal Studies Program Coordinator
• Speak to alumni and representatives of law firms that employ RVCC graduates
• Learn how to enroll for the Fall Semester, starting August 28
• Explore financial aid options, including scholarships and a tuition payment plan
The U.S. Bureau of Labor projects that the jobs in the paralegal field will grow by 15% from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations. RVCC’s Paralegal Certificate and Associate of Applied Science Degree programs offer many advantages:
• ABA approved: approved by the American Bar Association for 25 years
• Internships/Co-Ops: hands-on learning with access to a vast network of contacts in the legal profession
• Flexible schedule: day, evening and online classes available
• Two track study: earn an Associate Degree or Certificate in Paralegal Studies
• Job placement: proven job placement for RVCC graduates
• High starting salary: competitive median starting salary
Ranked by BestColleges.com, WalletHub.com, and Niche.com as the #1 community college in New Jersey, Raritan Valley Community College has been serving as an academic and cultural center for Somerset and Hunterdon County residents for more than 50 years. The College has been nationally recognized for its service to the community, environmental stewardship, and commitment to diversity. It is home to a Planetarium, Science Education Institute and 3M Observatory; a 1,000-seat Theatre offering professional performances for all ages; and an Honors College for high achieving students.
The College offers more than 90 associate degrees and certificates, as well as career training, small business assistance through the Small Business Development Center, professional development, and adult and youth personal enrichment courses. RVCC is located at 118 Lamington Road in Branchburg, NJ. For further information, visit www.raritanval.edu.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 15, 2019