Raritan Valley Community College has partnerships with select area high schools that can make it possible for you to take challenging college courses and earn college credits during you regular school day. You also save significantly on the cost of tuition. The credits you earn can stay at RVCC or transfer to another college or university.
- Bound Brook High School
- Bridgewater-Raritan High School
- Central Jersey College Prep Charter High School
- Delaware Valley Regional High School
- Franklin High School
- Hillsborough High School
- Hunterdon Central High School
- Hunterdon County Polytech Career Academy
- Manville High School
- North Hunterdon High School
- North Plainfield High School
- Ridge High School
- Somerset County Vocational & Technical High School
- Somerville High School
- Thomas Edison EnergySmart High School
- Voorhees High School
Steps for Students Interested in Concurrent Enrollment (courses taken at the high school)
- Must be junior or senior
- Sophomores may take Precalculus or Statistics (if that option is offered at your high school)
- 3.0 GPA (exceptions can be made by a letter of recommendation from the high school to K-12 Partnerships; final determination made by RVCC)
- Exemptions to the RVCC placement test (Accuplacer) can be submitted based on SAT, ACT, and NJSLA (if applicable) scores
- Appropriate RVCC placement test score (Accuplacer) if enrolling in an English, math, or foreign language course (or a course requiring these as a prerequisite)
2) Apply to RVCC and get your G#
Unofficial high school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores can be uploaded during the Admissions Application (see Step 3 below).
- Click HERE for the Admissions Application (select Sign Up to begin a new application).
- Students should apply online to RVCC as Early College Student
- Be sure to use a personal email address when signing up and not a parent/family email address
- Select Not Seeking a Degree under Major/Program on the application
- A confirmation email will be sent out as soon as the application is submitted, followed by a welcome email within 3-5 business days with the golden envelope. This golden envelope contains the student’s RVCC ID#, RVCC College Email, and RVCC Lions Den Password.
- Lions Den is the student electronic portal for RVCC faculty, staff, and students
3) Document Submission
Option 1: Upload documents (unofficial high school transcript, SAT/ACT scores if applicable) while completing the Admissions Application:
- Save the pdf of the unofficial high school transcript, and SAT/ACT reports to your desktop or file so that you can upload it to the Admissions Application when you are prompted to “upload a copy of the unofficial transcript here” (Note: You are able to upload SAT/ACT reports even though the link states “upload a copy of the unofficial transcript here”)
- Please download the score report pdf (with your first and last name on the report) from College Board.
- Please download the score report pdf (with your first and last name on the report) from ACT.
*For English and math courses (or courses that require an English or math prerequisite), students will either need to complete the RVCC Accuplacer placement test (speak to your high school counselor about taking the test at your high school, if that option is available) or have SAT/ACT scores that meet the RVCC test score exemptions. To view SAT/ACT exemptions or to prepare for the Accuplacer, please visit Placement Testing Website.
Option 2: To upload the required documents (unofficial high school transcript, and SAT/ACT/NJSLA (if applicable) if you did not submit them while completing the RVCC Admissions Application, you can:
- Submit documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include the following information:
- Subject: CEP Student Documentation
- In the body of the email message include: First name, Last name, and G number
Option 3: The high school can submit the student’s high school transcript through their access (Naviance or Genesis). RVCC receives documents via Parchment and SCOIR.
K-12 Partnerships will register eligible students for the assigned course(s) and inform the high school when students are registered. Students cannot register for Concurrent Enrollment classes on their own. The high school will receive confirmation and notify students of their registration status.
Step 1: Log onto Lions Den via the RVCC website using your RVCC credentials (make sure you have your cell phone for multifactor authentication)
Step 2: Click on the "Account Detail for Term" tile
Step 3: You will see details about the balance and you can click on the Pay Now icon to make a payment by credit or debit card (please be sure to pick the right term for the payment).
If you see a late fee on your account, please DO NOT pay the late fee. Concurrent Enrollment Students are not charged a late fee
Step 4: Once you have verified the balance, payment by check or money order can be sent as follows:
Check or money order by mail made out to RVCC, Attn: Finance Office, P.O. Box 3300, Somerville, New Jersey 08876); Please include your G Number and “CEP Tuition” on the check or money order so the payment can be applied to the right account.
Parents/Families also have the option to set up their accounts to pay CEP tuition. Click on Parents Pay Tuition Now (students must have created a Parent Account to allow parent access) to set up a parent/family account. Click on How to Create a Parent Account for details.
The CEP rate for the 2023-2024 academic year is $240 per CEP course.
The CEP tuition rate is subject to change annually.
Non-Payment for CEP Course(s)
The student/family or high school (if applicable) is responsible for the payment upon successful completion of registration. A hold will be placed on the student account and the student will not be able to register for additional CEP course(s) during the next term if payment is not received. Please check with your high school about RVCC’s CEP payment and refund deadlines.