Is the English as a Second Language program at RVCC right for you?
Explore our comprehensive English as a Second Language program. RVCC offers all levels of English as a Second Language instruction from basic English to advanced grammar and accent reduction.
You can take ESL courses separately or sequentially.
I want to learn English for a job
I speak little/no English
I am looking for Professional Discussion Groups & Accent Reduction
I would like to take college classes/get a degree at RVCC
I already speak, read and write some English
I want to learn advanced speaking, reading, writing and grammar in English
Prof. Andrea Vaccaro
Steps for Workforce ESL
1. Contact our office above to determine your level
3. Please wait for instructions from your instructor for joining class
Steps for Academic ESL
1. Apply to RVCC click here
2. Take the ESL Placement Test (contact Prof. Vaccaro if you need assistance)
3. Talk to an ESL advisor to finish placement and make a schedule
Academic ESL Advising Schedule
Prof. Vaccaro is available for ESL placement and registration; please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org with any registration or placement questions.
ESL In-Person Placement Testing/Advising and Scheduling for Fall 2021
Prof. Vaccaro, Office: S-223-A
The Fall 2021 semester starts on 9/1/21. Classes may close before that. Please come as early as you can to avoid class closures.
- Wednesday, July 21st, 4pm-7pm
- Thursday, August 5th, 9am-12noon
Register before August 5th to avoid late registration fee
- Tuesday, August 10th, 9am-12noon
- Wednesday, August 11th 4pm-7pm
- Wednesday, August 18th, 4pm-7pm
- Thursday, August 19th, 9am-12noon
- Tuesday, August 24th, 9am-12noon
- Thursday, August 26th, 4pm-6pm
- Tuesday, August 31st, 8am-12noon
REGISTER BY AUGUST 31st to register before classes start
- Wednesday, September 1st 2pm-4pm
- Thursday, September 2nd, 11:30am-1pm
- Monday, September 6th, 2pm-4pm
- Wednesday, September 8th, 2-4pm
September 8th is the last day to register for REGULAR START CLASSES (MOST CLASSES)
- Monday, September 13th, 2pm-4pm
- Wednesday, September 15th, 2pm-4pm
Late start classes (LIMITED SCHEDULE) begin 9/15/21
- Monday, September 20th, 2pm-4pm
- Wednesday, September 22nd, 2pm-4pm
- Monday, September 27th, 2pm-4pm
9/27 is the last day to register for late start classes for the fall 2021 semester.
Please come AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE to ensure your first choice of times AND modality (in-person or online) email to request an appointment email@example.com