You must submit one or more of the following documents to RVCC. The documents required will depend on your status (ex: discharged service member, active reserves, dependent of disabled or deceased veteran). If you are not sure of your status, contact the Veterans Administration.
1. Application for Educational Benefits. The Application is available at RVCC or may be downloaded from the Veterans' Administration website. The Application is required for all VA students except those in the Vocational Rehabilitation program and dependents of disabled or deceased veterans. New Jersey Army National Guard students who are not applying for VA benefits don't have to submit this form.
2. DD-214 (Discharge Papers). A copy of the DD-214 must be submitted with the Application for Benefits for most VA applicants. This copy must be certified by your local county clerk's office of residence. (Please note, notarized copies are not accepted).
|Somerset County Clerks Office|
Somerset County Administration Building
20 Grove Street, 1st Floor
Somerville, New Jersey 08876
|Hunterdon County Clerks Office|
71 Main Street
(directly across from the Union Hotel)
Flemington, New Jersey 08822
The DD-214 is required of all VA applicants except members of the active reserves, veterans in the Vocational Rehabilitation program and dependents of disabled/deceased veterans.
3. Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) - For members of the active reserves. Forms are available at your unit. Ask your Commanding Officer.
4. Authorization and Certification of Entrance or Reentrance into Rehabilitation and Certification of Studies - For disabled veterans. Forms are available at the VA Regional Office, 20 Washington Place, Newark, NJ 07102.
5. Certificate of Eligibility - For dependents of disabled or deceased veterans. Forms are available at VA Regional Office in Newark, New Jersey. Post-9/11 GI Bill applicants are required to submit a Certificate of Eligibility in order to be certified for benefits.
6. Commander's Certification - For New Jersey Army National Guard members who wish to enroll tuition-free (a maximum of 16 credits). Forms are available at your unit.
7. Visiting Students - A statement from your home college's VA Coordinator is required, stating that the course(s) you wish to take at RVCC are applicable to your program of study at your home college.