All Abroad! International Transfer Agreements at RVCC
Raritan Valley Community College has long been committed to providing amazing university transfer opportunities for graduates, boasting 90 transfer agreements with a wide range of 4 year institutions. Over the past few years, we’ve expanded these transfer agreements to a number of international institutions—offering an exciting opportunity for RVCC graduates to study abroad.
What Is A Transfer Agreement?
A transfer agreement, also known as an articulation agreement, is a partnership between two colleges designed to help students transfer credits as easily as possible. Often the schools will outline policies for specific academic programs or degrees so that students will know the exact transfer requirements up front. This helps make community college transfer programs as seamless as possible.
International Transfer Agreements
RVCC has recently developed five international transfer agreements in England and France. Read on to learn more about these impressive partner schools!
Rennes School of Business (RSB) in France
Known for its academic excellence, Rennes School of Business is a global school of management in France. With a 53 percent international student body and a 91 percent international faculty, RSB is a unique place to live and study. Located only one hour and 25 minutes away from Paris by train, Rennes offers a wonderful opportunity to discover the richness of French life, culture and economy. It is fully accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), which represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide.
- The Agreement: Students who have received an Associate Degree in Business from RVCC can seamlessly transfer to RSB with senior standing and pursue its International Bachelor Program in Management, as long as they have fulfilled certain requirements. This includes graduating with the requisite grade point average. All of the courses at RSB are taught in English.
The American University of Paris
Founded as a liberal arts institution in 1962, and holding claim to being the oldest American institution of higher learning in Europe, The American University of Paris has served as a Parisian meeting ground for students and professors from all corners of the world for half a century, earning itself a reputation for providing a truly multicultural setting for English-language university studies. Today, AUP stands proudly among its peers and partners as a premier school of choice for students seeking to obtain Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Global Communications, International Business, International Affairs, and a full range of liberal arts disciplines relevant to our changing world. AUP’s student body represents 100 countries and its 15,000 alumni live and work in 141 countries around the globe.
- The Agreement: Students who receive an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree from RVCC will be both guaranteed admission to The American University of Paris with junior status and guaranteed to finish their degree in four semesters, providing they fulfill the necessary requirements. These include earning the requisite grade point average at RVCC. Program areas include Art History, Comparative Literature, Computer Science, Literary Studies, Entrepreneurship, Film Studies, History, Psychology, Global Communication, International Business Administration and Philosophy.
University of Greenwich in London
The University of Greenwich in London is a full portfolio British university that is very popular with international students from over 140 countries. Twenty percent of the university’s population is not British, meaning the university is a cosmopolitan option for Associate Degree holders. Housed in the beautiful former buildings of the British Naval College, the university and its grounds are a UNESCO World heritage site. With cutting edge programs and lecturers, it’s close to London’s financial district as well as the largest creative industry hub in Europe, London’s “Silicon Valley.”
- The Agreement: RVCC Associate Degree holders have the opportunity to transfer into dozens of programs covering Business, Liberal Arts, Computing and Math. RVCC students will study in London for two years and gain a degree from the University of Greenwich.
University of the West of England
One of the UK’s most popular universities, UWE Bristol is home to 30,000 students and 3,000 international students from over 140 different countries. With over 500 majors across a range of faculties, UWE Bristol has an applied approach to teaching, ensuring that students gain a real life learning and working experience to help establish themselves as an attractive employable graduate. UWE offers a full campus experience with student accommodation, state of the art academic and sports facilities, and over 180 sports, clubs and societies within the Student Union. Based in the lively harbour-side city of Bristol just 1.5 hours west of London by train, UWE offers students great access to all major UK cities and sights as well as international and European flights from Bristol airport.
- The Agreement: Students who complete their Associate Degree from RVCC can seamlessly transfer to UWE Bristol to complete their Baccalaureate Degree. Students may apply to UWE at any point while they pursue their Associate Degree at RVCC, even as early as their first semester at the College. Once they apply to UWE, they may be pre-approved for transfer as long as they complete their Associate Degree at RVCC and maintain the requisite grade point average.
University of Lincoln in Lincolnshire
The University of Lincoln is a top 50 UK university (Complete University Guide 2017) and recognized as one of the country’s leading young universities (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017). It placed in the top 10 for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2016, with several of its courses ranked number one for their subject areas. Known for its pioneering approach to working with employers, the university won a Lord Stafford Award and a Times Higher Education Award. Graduate prospects are strong, with 95 percent of Lincoln’s most recent graduates engaged in work or further study six months after finishing their coursework—with almost three quarters in graduate level roles.
- The Agreement: Students who receive an Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts – Social Science Option from RVCC may seamlessly transfer into the level two of the BSc (Hons) Psychology program at Lincoln. As an added benefit, RVCC students transferring to Lincoln receive a 20 percent discount off tuition for each year of study at the University.
To learn more about transfer opportunities at RVCC, click here.
We’re #1! We’re #1! Raritan Valley Community College has been ranked the #1 community college in New Jersey by both BestColleges.com and Niche.com. We offer top degree programs and the best local career training for students in Somerset County and Hunterdon County, NJ. To learn more about RVCC, check out an upcoming Information Session.