Whether you are coming to campus to take a face-to-face class, meet with an advisor or go to the bookstore, we are committed to providing you with a healthy and safe learning environment. The entire campus community has a part to play in our response to the challenges that a global pandemic presents. Following state and CDC guidelines, we have made a number of changes to the campus to protect the health of our RVCC community:
Arriving on Campus
- Face Masks – Face masks are required in all campus buildings. However, as conditions change and as variants continue to emerge, RVCC will continue to review its mask policy and may adopt a mandatory mask policy in order to protect the health and safety of students, staff, and visitors.
- Appointments Suggested – Student Services Office request you to make an appointment in advance. Admissions, Financial Aid and Enrollment Services accept walk-ins.
- Social Distancing Required – The campus will be run in accordance with local officials, OSHE and CDC; at this time there will be no social distancing.
- Vaccinations – RVCC students, faculty & staff must show documentation of being vaccinated against COVID-19 by Nov 1. In order to register for Spring 2022 Semester classes, students must show proof of vaccination. Click here for more information.
All facilities are open.
Cleaning, Sanitation and Ventilation
- Hand sanitizers are located throughout the campus.
- Classrooms will be sanitized twice a day using fogging machines.
- Bathrooms are scheduled to be cleaned several times during the day with Kai-vac machines that completely clean all surfaces.
- Ventilation systems: Several buildings on campus, by design, have 100% outside air being delivered to the spaces. These include all science buildings, Phys Ed Building, several areas in Hunterdon and Somerset (they used to have science labs), automotive and cosmetology. In buildings that have recirculation air, we have made two changes. Outside air dampers have been fully opened so that so that recirculated air is diluted with a maximum amount of fresh air. In addition, the filters for these buildings have been replaced with MERV 13 filters that remove 90% of particles and considered effective against viruses. In addition, every classroom will have a local air purifier placed in the room. This self-contained unit has a HEPA filter and UVC light within the unit. These units will run continuously.