RVCC Releases its Top Tips for 2019 Spring Open House Preparation
Are you currently wondering: “Which college open houses are taking place near me?” If so, then it must be your lucky day because Raritan Valley Community College will be hosting its 2019 Spring Open House on Thursday, March 28, 2019 from 6-8 pm in the Conference Center at the College’s Campus located at 118 Lamington Road in Branchburg, NJ. This valuable, two-hour event is jam-packed with everything that you will need to know about RVCC. And, to help you prepare, the College created a handy list of tips for making the most out of your Spring Open House. Registration is taking place now so, click here. And, be sure to share the tips below with your friends and family!
Top 4 Tips to Prepare for RVCC’s Spring Open House on March 28th
- Get the Lay of the Land for Your Campus Tour
In advance of RVCC’s Open House, you can get a feel for the campus’ layout by clicking here for a handy map. This way, you will know where you need to go the day of the event and you will familiarize yourself with the various buildings that you will visit on your tour. Some potential questions for your tour guide may include:
- May I visit a facility that I have a special interest in (i.e. sports)?
- Where are the best places to study on campus?
- What are the most popular clubs or sports on campus?
- Create a List of Financial Aid Questions:
RVCC is dedicated to navigating students through the financial aid process. However, you should conduct your own research on the RVCC website and add any additional questions to the list below.
- What percentage of students receive financial aid? What are the key deadlines?
- What types of scholarships are available?
- Do you need to be a full-time student to apply for financial aid?
- Explore Your Academics Interests
Before the Open House, explore RVCC’s catalog to see which programs interest you most and then target your questions accordingly. You should also ask more general questions such as those listed below.
- What sets RVCC apart from other colleges?
- How do Transfer Programs work? Is transferring credits to a four-year institution easy?
- Which Workforce Training Programs result in employment upon graduation?
- What services are available for adults returning to the classroom?
- How does RVCC help with job placement?
- Things to Bring to the Open House
- Bring along a friend or family member to ensure that all of the important information has been captured. They may have questions that you didn’t think of regarding enrollment, admissions, academics, student events among other things.
- Bring your laptop or paper and a pen to take notes and your phone to take photos or videos. Bring along your charger just in case.
Raritan Valley Community College offers a high-quality education without breaking the bank. With our extensive catalog of academic and workforce programs, we’ve definitely got something that is perfect for you. Take the first step and visit us register now by clicking here. See you there!
RVCC has been ranked the #1 community college in NJ by BestColleges.com, WalletHub.com and Niche.com, and Zippia.com has ranked RVCC as the best community college in NJ for getting a job. As a leading state college in New Jersey, RVCC serves students locally from Somerset County and Hunterdon County, across the country and around the world offering top degree programs and the best local career training. For information, visit www.raritanval.edu.