RVCC: Your Ultimate Destination for Healthcare Professions!
Do you find yourself at your doctor’s appointments wondering what it would be like to be a Nurse or Medical Assistant? Or, perhaps you’re a fitness fanatic and a career as a Fitness Specialist is more up your alley? Well, look no further than Raritan Valley Community College! These healthcare programs and so many more are available, and enrolling will not break the bank! Additionally, health care professionals are in great demand.
In fact, according to CNN, the US will need to hire 2.3 million health care workers by 2025 to care for its aging population. However, the severe shortage of skilled workers such as nurses means that hundreds of thousands of positions will remain unfilled. Seize the opportunity and get the career training you need with RVCC’s health profession programs! Read below for a sample of what is offered.
A Sample of RVCC’s Amazing Health Science Professions
Nursing: The College’s highly-respected Nursing Program offers two options for becoming a Registered Nurse: 1) The Registered Nursing Program and 2) The Practical Nurse-Bridge to RN Program. Graduates can continue their education and seamlessly earn a Bachelor of Science Degree from Kean University at RVCC’s Branchburg campus as part of the College’s University Center Program.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant: RVCC’s Occupational Therapy Assistant Program combines classroom instruction with clinical training in a community setting. Occupational Therapy Assistants collaborate with occupational therapists to help people improve their functions so that they can carry on daily life activities.
- Medical Assisting: Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, RVCC’s Medical Assistant Program is a mix of administrative work and hands-on clinical tasks. As a Medical Assistant, you will lay the foundation to push your career further with additional training down the road.
- Optician: RVCC offers a number of accredited pathways for students to become trained opticians including an Associate of Applied Science Degree You’ll receive hands-on training in making and fitting eye glasses and contact lenses in the College’s Optical Lab, as well as classroom instruction in lens design, prescription analysis and basic eye anatomy.
- Fitness Specialist Certificate of Completion: Whether it's Zumba or Crossfit, everyone is focused on getting fit and gyms are scrambling for qualified, certified Fitness Specialists. RVCC’s Fitness Program combines classwork and practical, hands-on experience using the American College of Sports Medicine guidelines.
- Pharmacy Technician: The College’s comprehensive Pharmacy Technician Course is designed to enable students to successfully complete the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Board exam and features classroom instruction as well as practical experience in a pharmacy.
- Health Information Technology (HIT): Students can explore the College’s Medical Coding Certification, which--with the deluge of medical data--is now the lifeblood of the healthcare field. This program prepares students to determine appropriate medical codes, process coding information and maximize medical reimbursement.
These are only a few of the many healthcare-related programs offered. Click here to explore the diverse selection and discover your potential at RVCC. It stands out from other schools, as it offers high quality education without the high cost!
RVCC has been ranked the #1 community college in NJ by BestColleges.com, WalletHub.com and Niche.com, and Zippia.com has ranked RVCC as the best community college in NJ for getting a job. As a leading state college in New Jersey, RVCC serves students locally from Somerset County and Hunterdon County, across the country and around the world offering top degree programs and the best local career training. For further information, visit www.raritanval.edu.