Engineering Career Night Planned
The public is invited to attend an Engineering Career Night Event at Raritan Valley Community College, Monday, December 3, from 6-8 p.m. The event, which is free of charge, is designed for prospective students interested in RVCC’s Engineering Science program as well as anyone considering a career in engineering. It will be held in the Conference Center at the College’s Branchburg campus.
The program will include an introduction to the various Engineering tracks at RVCC; a discussion of the hands-on Engineering projects currently happening at the College; and a presentation from an alumnus and a current student about their RVCC experience.
Professionals from various engineering fields such as aerospace, chemical, civil, electrical, industrial, materials and mechanical, as well as current and former students, will be available for informal conversations in roundtable sessions. Panelists include:
• Keith Cahill, Principal, PE, Bohler Engineering
• Robert De Saro, President, Energy Research Company, ERCo
• Mark Brock, Former President, Hunterdon Transformer; Consultant
• Alicia Hermo-Weaver, Coordinator of Internships and Cooperative Education, RVCC
• Hayley Katz, Materials Engineer, United States Army
• Jeff Meltzer, Engineering Project Manager, Lifecycle Product Management, Ethicon, Inc. (Johnson & Johnson)
• Paul Michaud, Director of Transfer and Career Services, RVCC
• Antonella Pompo, Professor of Engineering, RVCC
• Peter Stupak, Professor of Engineering and Physics, RVCC; Chief Technology Officer, JOHOT (Suzhou, China)
• Alia Rind, Packaging Engineering Student, RVCC
• Adam Walton, Mechanical Engineer student, TCNJ; Former RVCC student
Ranked by BestColleges.com, WalletHub.com, and Niche.com as the #1 community college in New Jersey, Raritan Valley Community College has been serving as an academic and cultural center for Somerset and Hunterdon County residents for 50 years. The College has been nationally recognized for its service to the community, environmental stewardship, and commitment to diversity. It is home to a Planetarium, Science Education Institute and 3M Observatory; a 1,000-seat Theatre offering professional performances for all ages; and an Honors College for high achieving students.
The College offers more than 90 associate degrees and certificates, as well as career training, small business assistance through the Small Business Development Center, professional development, and adult and youth personal enrichment courses. RVCC is located at 118 Lamington Road in Branchburg, NJ. For further information, visit www.raritanval.edu.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 31, 2018