RVCC is an open access college.
Anyone with a high school degree or equivalency is welcome and SAT and ACT exams are not required for admission. Enrolling in classes as a new student is a five step process. Along the way, students will receive emails and text messages to stay on track in completing the process. The first step is to apply online.
Let’s get started.
Before applying, students need to figure out their student type. If a student is uncertain about the category to choose, go here and answer a few questions.
- First-Time College Student – Applying for college for the first time
- Honors College – Applying for the Honors College
- Early College Student – Applying to take classes at RVCC while still in high school
- Transfer Student – Applying to attend RVCC and transfer 12 or more college credits earned from another school. Students with less than 12 college credits should apply as a First-Time College student
- Visiting Student – A current college student applying to take classes at RVCC and transfer the credits earned to their home college
Within three business days after applying, students will receive an acceptance email with their student ID followed by a second email with a password. Students will then be able to log into the online student portal, Lion’s Den, where they can track their progress in completing the enrollment process. If the student listed their high school email on the application, they may be unable to access emails from RVCC because of security firewalls. Our Admissions Office can help. Send an email to email@example.com with subject line: Email address.